Aircraft


Back To Gallery: Aircraft
Swordfish taxi by
Swordfish taxi by
Swordfish taxi by Gallery: Aircraft Description: Blackfish was built at Sherburn in 1943. Later that year she was allocated to M A C Ship Rapana on North Atlantic Convoy Duty. In 1947 Fairey bought L S 326 for diplay as staic. Sir Richard Fairey gave instructions for LS326 to be rebuilt. In 1959 LS326 was repainted for a staring role in the film "Sink the Bismark", she was retained in her Bismark scheme till 1984. She was painted with stripes and wartime scheme for North Atlantic Convoys, with an "L" Flight of 826 Squadron. LS 326 was adopted by the City of Liverpool, the name she proudly wears on her port side
Views: 954 Loves: 0
Additional Info