Aircraft


Back To Gallery: Aircraft
J H C 2010 No2 edited-1
J H C 2010 No2 edited-1
J H C 2010 No2 edited-1 Gallery: Aircraft Description: Spitfire Vb BM 579 Built at Castle Bromwich in 1942 and it was allocated to 315 Squadron, then to 317 Squadron. In 1945 it was transferred to St Athan as an instructional airframe. From 1950-55 it was gate guardian at Hednesford and as gate guardian at Church Fenton 1960-89. It was sold to the collection in 1993 with Historic Flying taking over the complete rebuild and restoration. It now flies in the colours of 317 (Polish) Squadron. In September 2005 it became the first Spitfire to return to Malta since the filming of the Malta Story in 1952. It now resides in Hanger 3 at Duxford.
Views: 917 Loves: 0
Additional Info