Aircraft


Back To Gallery: Aircraft
Spit T L B Glint
Spit T  L  B Glint
Spit T L B Glint Gallery: Aircraft Description: PL344 was built by Vickers Armstrong at Castle Bromwich in early 1944, after a short period in storage it was delivered to 603 squadron in August 1944. On April 19 1945 she moved to 442 Canada Squadron and her last squadron was 129 at Church Fenton. After release from the R A F PL344 went to Anthony Fokker in the Netherlands for some years. Then it was bought by Charles Church and after a lengthy restoration it flew in 1991. After almost two years she was sold to Weeks Air Museum, U S A. Eventually it came back to the UK. In 2007 it went to Duxford to the Aircraft Restoration Company' It is now in its original scheme of just after D Day. It is now operated by Spitfire Ltd
Views: 943 Loves: 0
Additional Info