Aircraft


Back To Gallery: Aircraft
Welsh Spit
Welsh Spit
Welsh Spit Gallery: Aircraft Description: Originally built in 1944 P T 462started life as a M K IX, it flew with the allied forces in Italy being used by No 4 Squadron South African Force. In 1947P L 462 was transferred to the Italian Air Force and was in service for six years. It was discovered in Israel in a children's play ground in 1980. It was removed in 1985 and brought to Fowlmere U K and restored to flying condition as a two seat trainer. It is owned privately and is based in North wales and believed to be the only flying Spitfire in Wales.
Views: 706 Loves: 0
Additional Info